Funding for Collective Impact
The Edward Ginsberg Center offers funding opportunities for community-engaged teaching and research. In partnership with multiple units on campus, we offer a collaborative funding model, encouraging -- and practicing -- collective action to increase our impact in service to the public good.
Focused on Community Priorities
We seek to engage faculty interested in advancing their scholarship while enhancing the capacity of social sector community partners and communities through substantial, reciprocal engagement. We invite teaching and research proposals focused on advancing equity and decreasing economic and racial disparities in Washtenaw County, Detroit, and other Southeast Michigan communities.
Click here to learn more about our Past Award Recipients.
Ginsberg Center Community Engagement Grants are offered in partnership with the Vice Provost for Engaged Learning, the Office of Research, and Poverty Solutions to support the community-engaged work of tenured and tenure track, research, and clinical faculty on the Ann Arbor Campus.
Review our Call for Proposals for our 2020 Grants:
Engagement Grants: up to $5000
- Support academic partners to develop and apply best practices to community-engaged teaching and research through smaller-scale projects.
- Support partnerships focused on existing community-identified priorities, such as housing affordability. Applicants are encouraged to consult with the Ginsberg Center to discover opportunities and ideas for projects.
- Funds may be used for:
- Community partner compensation
- Student compensation
- Project-related travel, materials, and supplies
- Pursuit of external funds to sustain and expand the project
Translation Grants: up to $2000
Support academic partners in the creation of community-facing (public) products such as print materials, presentations, video artifacts, etc
- Funds may be used for printing, production support, and dissemination
Conference/Travel Grants: up to $1500
- For community-engaged teaching or research projects
- Funds may only be used to support community partners attending as co-presenters.
Application Deadline EXTENDED: Friday, April 17, 2020
- Apply Here
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will contact applicants within one month of receiving the application.
For additional funding opportunities, visit our Research Impact page.
Questions? Contact us at Ginsberg.Engage@umich.edu.