We recognize that community engagement is a scholarly endeavor. Community-engaged teaching and research can not only be informed by prior research on effective engagement for both students and communities but can also contribute to this body of knowledge. The Ginsberg Center supports the growing field of community-engaged scholarship by publishing the Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning, and offering faculty grants, using a collective funding model.
The FAQs below address how faculty can effectively contribute to community-engaged scholarship through their teaching and research, assess student learning and community impact, and leverage their scholarship for promotion and tenure. To work with a staff member on any of these resources, contact us at email@example.com.
How can I...
Learn more about the Michigan Journal for Community Service Learning (MJCSL), published by the Ginsberg Center?
- Learn more about our vision for the journal.
- Explore current & past issues of MJCSL.
- We have compiled a bibliography of often-cited articles from the journal that have significantly influenced community engagement in higher education.
- If you are interested in contributing to our process as a peer reviewer, editorial board member, or book reviewer, please fill out this form to share your interests and expertise.
- We have compiled a list of other leading journals in the field to inform your community-engaged teaching and research.