The University of Michigan delivers a world-class education to students, preparing them with critical knowledge, skills, and opportunities to be leaders in an increasingly complex world. Catalyzing and supporting students as they build the knowledge, skills, and agency for full participation in civic life must be a fundamental part of that education.
The Ginsberg Center works with students, faculty, and staff across campus to advance knowledge, skills, and commitment to socially responsible civic engagement. Democratic engagement - including non-partisan voter engagement, civics and media literacy, and dialogue across difference - are crucial components within the full scope of our civic engagement work.
We provide resources to empower students and support faculty and staff so they can effectively engage in the democratic process.
- Find out more information on how to register and vote at govote.umich.edu!
- U-M helped to create the Big Ten Voting Challenge. Find out more information, and sign up to help!
- For a nonpartisan breakdown of local and state issues, visit Vote411.org.
- Review voter guidelines for the state of Michigan via the Michigan Student Voter Guide.
- Find your Representative here.