These resources are meant to help eligible student voters navigate upcoming elections..
How can I get registered to vote, or update my existing registration?
Visit umich.turbovote.org to start the registration process in any state, or to update your existing registration if you have moved since you first registered or last voted.
How can I request an absentee ballot?
You can request an absentee ballot via TurboVote or your local City Clerk. In Michigan, any registered voter can request and submit an absentee ballot. Voting laws do vary by state, and contacting your local City Clerk with any questions in advance of the election you plan to vote in is advised.
I want to vote in person. Where do I vote on campus? Do I have to go someplace specific?
Yes! Registered voters are assigned a specific polling place based upon where you live - your Ward and Precinct. This information is included on your voter registration. There are six polling places on campus:
- Michigan Union: (2 precincts) Ward 1, Precinct 1; Ward 1, Precinct 12
- Michigan League: (2 precincts) Ward 3, Precinct 1; Ward 3, Precinct 2
- Pierpont Commons: (1 precinct) Ward 1, Precinct 7
- Palmer Commons: (1 precinct) Ward 2, Precinct 2
- Sports Coliseum: (2 precincts) Ward 4, Precinct 1; Ward 4, Precinct 3
- Northwood 4&5 Community Center, 1000 McIntyre: (1 Precinct) Ward 2, Precinct 1
For additional information, visit GoVote.
To view your sample ballot, visit Vote411.org powered by the League of Women Voters.