Working to address the immediate needs of individuals or a community, often through direct interaction with the people or place being served.
- Find and contribute to community-identified needs in Southeast Michigan through Connect2Community, in the state of Michigan through the State’s Volunteer Portal, or in other communities using VolunteerMatch. Despite the limitations that COVID-19-related social distancing may have on some direct service activities, there are still multiple ways to contribute.
- Apply your work-study award to a role that allows you to serve directly in the community.
- Participate in the America Reads tutoring program or related educational support for local K-12 students.
- Participate in a service year program (e.g. Americorps, City Year, etc.).
- Commit your time and resources to mutual aid efforts. Learn more about mutual aid, and connect to local initiatives.
For academic partners looking to support this pathway, go here.