Involving, educating & mobilizing individuals or groups to influence or persuade others toward attitude, policy, or culture change.
- Join a coalition on campus, in a professional organization, or in your community, to take action around local and/or global issues.
- Declare the Community Action and Social Change minor through the School of Social Work.
- Attend or plan a public demonstration (marches, protests, resistance efforts) to address an important community concern. (U-M safety tips for protesters.)
- Sign, or create, a petition advocating for an issue you care about.
- Use social media to promote a cause or pressing community need.
- Collaborate on a campaign event (knocking on doors, phone calls, tabling, etc.) to raise awareness about an issue.
- Collaborate with faith-based coalitions like the Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice and the Interfaith Youth Core.
For academic partners looking to support this pathway, go here.