Participating in democratic political & deliberative processes, policymaking, & public governance.
- Vote in local and national elections. Click here to learn more and register!
- Complete the 2020 Census, and learn more about why it matters to your community.
- Learn about the processes, policies, and concepts of democracy: start here!
- Engage in student governance (Central Student Government, School/College student government, Residence Hall Association, Fraternity & Sorority Life).
- Declare the Minor in Public Policy through the Ford School.
- Contact local and national elected officials to influence policy decisions.
- Engage in or attend a Democracy Café, political debate, or town hall to learn about and discuss various issues, initiatives, or concerns.
- Spend a semester of study or summer internship in Washington, D.C.
- Join initiatives to support democratic engagement through the Ginsberg Center or join a politically-focused student organization.
For academic partners looking to support this pathway, go here.