How do we support academic partners with your Community Engaged Scholarship?
The Ginsberg Center supports faculty, academic program staff and GSIs doing community engagement. Our staff can help you integrate equitable community engagement experiences into your courses, research and programs. We embed Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) principles and perspectives throughout all of our offerings.
We can partner with you to:
- Browse curated collections of community defined priorities matched to your disciplinary focus, using a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) lens
- Explore potential partnerships between campus and community stakeholders through convenings
- Consult with staff on the design of courses, programs and research projects
- Experience workshops on best practices, integrating DEI principles and critical reflection
- Apply for one of our Faculty Community Engagement Grants to support your community-engaged teaching, research or service
- Disseminate your scholarship through community-engaged journals, including the Ginsberg Center's Michigan Journal for Community Service Learning
- Ensure students thoughtfully enter, engage and exit communities through interactive workshops
- Promote student learning about DEI topics including social identities, social justice and working with underserved populations