Our mission is to cultivate and steward mutually beneficial partnerships between communities and the University of Michigan in order to advance social change.
Based upon this mission, our vision is for inclusive democracy; thriving, diverse communities; and equity and social justice.
Through a wide range of programs and services the Ginsberg Center is committed to:
- Empowering students to engage in positive change through social justice education, leadership, and meaningful service experiences with community. Check out student-led community engagement initiatives supported by the Ginsberg Center in 2015-16.
- Through consultation and support to faculty and academic staff, we enhance student learning that connects socially just community engagement experiences to coursework, research and programs.
- Connecting community organizations with students, faculty, and staff that are invested in positive social change.
We are passionate about our work and invite you to contact us to explore ways we can move forward together.
Core beliefs guide the Ginsberg Center's work:
- Reciprical Community Partnerships
- Authentic and Diverse Coalitions
- Social Justice
- Ethic of Service
- Learning and Consciousness Raising
- Personal and Professional Development