Unable to attend any of our workshops or looking for support around a different community engagement topic?
Feel free to request a workshop by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Learning in Community series supports students who are interested in community engagement, social justice, democratic engagement, advocacy, activism and philanthropy. LinC sessions focus on:
Democratic Engagement (DE): Students will engage in dialogue around pressing social and political issues, learning how to engage across difference and examine ways to create change through the democratic process.
Leadership Development (LD):These sessions focus on expanding leadership for change through expanding the knowledge and skills necessary in creating positive change.
Reciprocal Community Partnerships (RP): Deepening students’ exploration of key principles of engagement, and how to address challenges of creating mutually beneficial and socially just partnerships.
Winter 2017 Learning in Community Schedule:
Visit the Ginsberg Events Calendar for descriptions and registration links.
- 2/13: Community Engagement Case Study Workshop: Navigating Team Dynamics (RP)
- 2/17 : #DoItForTheGram?: Ethical Digital Media Engagement During Service Experiences (LD, RP)
- 2/18: Elect Her Training: Bringing Young Women to Politics (DE, LD)
- 2/20: Entering, Engaging, & Exiting Communities Workshop (LD, RP)
- 3/14: Entering, Engaging, & Exiting Communities Workshop (LD, RP)
- 3/16: Young & Elected: Young Officials Creating Change in Their Communities (DE)
- 3/17: Community Engagement Case Study Workshop: Interacting with Community Members (RP)
- 3/20: Intentions, Insights, and Impact: A View Into Post-Graduate Service (LD). In partner with The University Career Center.
- 3/23: Community Engagement Case Study Workshop: Working with Community Organizations (RP)
- 3/27: Public Speaking for the Public Good (DE, LD).
- TBD: Community Outreach with Youth (RP). In partnership with the Center for Educational Outreach.
- 4/4: Student Org. Transitions: Maintaining Community Partnerships (LD, RP)
- TBD: Service Chair Training For Student Groups (LD, RP)
The Ginsberg Center provides workshops to students, staff and faculty interested in planning alternative breaks experiences.
Requesting a Workshop:
Alternative Breaks Groups can also request workshop on a number of topics including:
- Introduction to Alternative Breaks - The 8 Critical Components
- Entering, Engaging, and Exiting Communities
- Implementing Successful Education and Training
- Reflecting on your Alternative Breaks Experience
- And others!
To request a workshop or learn about upcoming workshop opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com.