Community Technical Assistance Collaborative (CTAC) is a community-university partnership convened to enhance the data collection and evaluation capacity of community organizations in Washtenaw County. CTAC begun as a collaboration between the University of Michigan’s Edward Ginsberg Center, Social Work professor Sue Ann Savas, and her MSW students. CTAC has now expanded to include faculty and graduate students from across the University of Michigan to collaborate with community organizations to develop their self-identified capacity-building needs related to data.
This partnership focuses on mutually beneficial UM engagement with communities, by helping to build capacity of those working within the county toward key quality of life community outcomes, while meeting the educational goals of students. We are invested in sustainable solutions and understanding the impact of our partners’ work to help tell their stories and secure funding.
Our current partners include the Washtenaw County Coordinated Funding partners, sector leads, and public and private service providers in Washtenaw County (see interactive map below).
Are you a community organization interested in working with CTAC? Please take a moment to fill out our request form with your data and evaluation needs.
Menu of Service Options
Our team can provide a wide array of technical assistance and capacity-building support including, but not limited to:
- Logic Models: A tool to help organizations understand and articulate a program’s impact and effectiveness.
- Inventory Standardized Scales for Measuring Impact: A literature review that looks at existing industry standards and metrics for understanding programmatic and organizational impact.
- Capacity-enhancing Technical Training: Deliver workshops and technical assistance around your organization’s data and evaluation needs in order to build capacity that could lead to increased effectiveness, increased funding, and increased efficiency.
- Survey Design: Partner around your data and evaluation needs to craft a survey that meets your goals and national best practices.
- Survey Administration: Support your organization in data collection by helping carry out and oversee evaluative surveys.
- Focus Group Design: Partner around your data and evaluation needs to craft a focus group that meets your goals and national best practices.
- Focus Group Facilitation: Support your organization in data collection by helping carry out and oversee focus groups.
- Story Banking: Develop and/or carry out an evaluation process that captures the voice and experiences of your participants.
- Data Mapping: Analysis method that captures, analyzes, and integrates data into the context of the program environment.
- Data Visualization: Analysis method that turns your data into visually pleasing graphics to help demonstrate impact and improve communication of your mission.
For more information of what we have to offer, please see a summary of abstracts of some of our current and past projects. We can guide you through choosing appropriate techniques based on your evaluation and data needs.
Interested? Fill out our request form with your data and evaluation needs.